- 1 What does DT mean on Michelin tires?
- 2 What does LTX mean on Michelin tires?
- 3 Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
- 4 Which is better Michelin Latitude or defender?
- 5 Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
- 6 Do more expensive tires last longer?
- 7 What Michelin tire is best?
- 8 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 9 What is the best all-season tire?
- 10 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 11 How long do Michelin Defender tires last?
- 12 Is Michelin Defender a winter tire?
- 13 What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX MS and ms2?
- 14 Does Michelin still make Latitude tires?
- 15 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires good?
What does DT mean on Michelin tires?
Numerous tread blocks and sipes. Tires marked ” DT ” feature an updated compound and additional molded tread depth to help improve wear life – the ” DT ” is branded on the sidewall of the tire. Sizes designated “MTP” ( Michelin Total Performance) indicate the use of eco-friendly manufacturing processes.
What does LTX mean on Michelin tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued. The LTX M/S became the LTX M/S 2 became the Defender LTX and has now been reborn again although I forget the name at the moment.
Which is better Michelin Latitude or defender?
As both of them are an all-season tire while Michelin Defender can be trusted with the quiet and comfortable ride quality to go along with remarkable dry and wet Traction. On the other hand, Michelin Latitude provides an impressive Dry traction braking with outstanding braking and acceleration.
Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
Although both are top tires in this category, the reason we have selected Goodyear is that its performance is equally exceptional in bad weather conditions. While Michelin does offer excellent fuel efficiency, its performance in bad weather is questionable.
Do more expensive tires last longer?
The study found that none of the tires measured up to the brands you already know and trust. While one of the tires in the study was half the price of its more expensive cousin, the more expensive tire lasted nearly three times longer.
What Michelin tire is best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
How long do Michelin Defender tires last?
Michelin rates the Defender for tire wear at 90,000 miles. They say the tire delivers this type of mileage because of the way their trademarked MaxTouch Construction combines with the interlocking action of their Breakthrough IntelliSipe technology to provide “exceptional tread block rigidity” and extra- long life.
Is Michelin Defender a winter tire?
Handling & Weather Although the Defender is rated as an all-season tire, the tread and design resembles more of a summer tire. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX MS and ms2?
Compared to the popular Michelin LTX M/S2 it replaces, the new Defender LTX M/S tires share the same highly functional tread pattern, and offer improvements in wear life/longevity to better meet the high-torque demands of modern trucks. Defender LTX M/S is designed to be stronger, longer.
Does Michelin still make Latitude tires?
Michelin Latitude Tour Tires | Michelin.
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires good?
Overall, the Defender LTX M/S simply does not disappoint in its performance. We rank it as one of the top tires in the truck/SUV all-season category and highly recommend it.