- 1 How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
- 2 How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
- 3 Are Michelin Defender LTX M’s any good?
- 4 What is the difference between Michelin LTX MS and LTX M S2?
- 5 Are Michelin defenders worth it?
- 6 Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
- 7 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires noisy?
- 8 Are Michelin tires at Costco the same quality?
- 9 Are Michelin LTX at2 good in snow?
- 10 Which is better Michelin defender or latitude?
- 11 What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX and Premier LTX?
- 12 Is Michelin Defender being discontinued?
- 13 What Michelin tire is best?
- 14 Are Michelin tires made in China?
- 15 What does LTX stand for on tires?
How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
Michelin rates the Defender for tire wear at 90,000 miles. They say the tire delivers this type of mileage because of the way their trademarked MaxTouch Construction combines with the interlocking action of their Breakthrough IntelliSipe technology to provide “exceptional tread block rigidity” and extra-long life.
How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
Ten years is a maximum.
Are Michelin Defender LTX M’s any good?
Overall, the Defender LTX M / S simply does not disappoint in its performance. We rank it as one of the top tires in the truck/SUV all-season category and highly recommend it.
What is the difference between Michelin LTX MS and LTX M S2?
Compared to the popular Michelin LTX M / S2 it replaces, the new Defender LTX M/S tires share the same highly functional tread pattern, and offer improvements in wear life/longevity to better meet the high-torque demands of modern trucks. Defender LTX M/S is designed to be stronger, longer.
Are Michelin defenders worth it?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
6 – Michelin Defender As a new tire in 2012, the Michelin Defender is making its mark as an all-around high performing all-season tire. One very nice benefit you’ll also find with this tire is how quiet the ride is. Michelin has tuned the tread pattern to optimize ride comfort and quietness.
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires noisy?
Noise & Comfort We were unsurprised to learn that similar to the Defender (cars/vans), the Defender LTX M/S produces a larger amount of noise than other tires.
Are Michelin tires at Costco the same quality?
Costco’s name-brand tires are the same quality as other name-brand tires sold elsewhere; Costco’s shop has lower overhead costs than a conventional tire shop, so they can afford a lower markup. Why are Michelin tires considered better than others?
Are Michelin LTX at2 good in snow?
Some user feedback suggests the LTX A/T2 isn’t particularly proficient in challenging winter conditions. We’d echo that report by noting that unlike various other modern All-Terrain tires, the LTX A/T2 doesn’t achieve the Severe Snow Service credential (identified by the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol).
Which is better Michelin defender or latitude?
As both of them are an all-season tire while Michelin Defender can be trusted with the quiet and comfortable ride quality to go along with remarkable dry and wet Traction. On the other hand, Michelin Latitude provides an impressive Dry traction braking with outstanding braking and acceleration.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX and Premier LTX?
The Defender LTX uses its sipes and four circumferential grooves to give you solid braking performance, while reducing the risk of hydroplaning. EverGrip technology on the Premier LTX expands the rain grooves around the tire, while adding emerging grooves on the shoulders as the tire begins wearing down.
Is Michelin Defender being discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued.
What Michelin tire is best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Are Michelin tires made in China?
Michelin, Goodyear, Yokohama and Continental “they’re all there building tires in China ” Mielko said, adding that Pirelli’s biggest factory is located there.
What does LTX stand for on tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.