- 1 Is Michelin Premier LTX A good tire?
- 2 What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX and Premier LTX?
- 3 What does LTX mean on Michelin tires?
- 4 What does LTX on a tire mean?
- 5 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 6 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 7 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires noisy?
- 8 Are Michelin tires worth the cost?
- 9 What Michelin tire is best?
- 10 How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
- 11 Are Michelin LTX at2 good in snow?
- 12 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires good in snow?
- 13 Are Michelin tires made in China?
- 14 Are Michelin defenders worth it?
- 15 Where are Michelin LTX tires made?
Is Michelin Premier LTX A good tire?
If you don’t mind the price, you should absolutely consider the Premier LTX. It offers the best wet performance of any touring all-season tire, excellent dry performance, long treadlife, and super-luxurious ride.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX and Premier LTX?
The Defender LTX uses its sipes and four circumferential grooves to give you solid braking performance, while reducing the risk of hydroplaning. EverGrip technology on the Premier LTX expands the rain grooves around the tire, while adding emerging grooves on the shoulders as the tire begins wearing down.
What does LTX mean on Michelin tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
What does LTX on a tire mean?
The LTX of the LTX indicates that this all-season tire is designed for light trucks and SUVs. When purchasing tires, it’s very important to know the exact dimensions necessary for your vehicle.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires noisy?
Noise & Comfort We were unsurprised to learn that similar to the Defender (cars/vans), the Defender LTX M/S produces a larger amount of noise than other tires.
Are Michelin tires worth the cost?
Are Michelin tires worth the price? Michelin tires are worth every dime you pay for them. Not only do they feature innovative technology, but Michelin tires are some of the highest performing and longest lasting. You can’t go wrong with these tires.
What Michelin tire is best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
Ten years is a maximum.
Are Michelin LTX at2 good in snow?
Some user feedback suggests the LTX A/T2 isn’t particularly proficient in challenging winter conditions. We’d echo that report by noting that unlike various other modern All-Terrain tires, the LTX A/T2 doesn’t achieve the Severe Snow Service credential (identified by the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol).
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires good in snow?
The Defender LTX stops shorter on wet pavement and tracts through the snow better than similar tires like the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A, Yokohama YK-HTX, Firestone LE2 among others. The tread features four wide circumferential grooves and full-depth sipes that add to the grip in rain and snow.
Are Michelin tires made in China?
Michelin, Goodyear, Yokohama and Continental “they’re all there building tires in China ” Mielko said, adding that Pirelli’s biggest factory is located there.
Are Michelin defenders worth it?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Where are Michelin LTX tires made?
Michelin is making the majority of the Defender LTX M/S tires at its plants in Columbia and Greenville, S.C., as well as some at its Ardmore, Okla., and Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, factories.