- 1 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 2 Which are the best Michelin tires?
- 3 Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
- 4 What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
- 5 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 6 Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
- 7 Which tire brands to avoid?
- 8 What are the worst tire brands?
- 9 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 10 What is the best all-season tire?
- 11 How long do Michelin Defender tires last?
- 12 Are Michelin Defenders good in snow?
- 13 Which tire is best Michelin or Goodyear?
- 14 Are Goodyear tires as good as Michelin?
- 15 Are Cooper tires as good as Michelin?
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Which are the best Michelin tires?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued. The LTX M/S became the LTX M/S 2 became the Defender LTX and has now been reborn again although I forget the name at the moment.
What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
Treadlife on both tires is long lasting, but we give the edge to Michelin over Goodyear. The Defender carries an 820 UTQG rating and an 80,000 mile warranty, while the TripleTred has a 740 UTQ Grating and an 80,000 mile tread guarantee.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
Costco is a popular place to buy tires, but don’t exclude seeing what local independents have to offer. Assuming we’re talking about the exact same Michelin tire, no, it’s not true. The only difference is the price. Only a few Michelin lines, like X Radial, are unique to wholesale clubs.
Which tire brands to avoid?
6 Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing
- AKS Tires.
- Compass Tires.
What are the worst tire brands?
Here, in this article, we will provide you the list of worst tire brands that you should stay away from. Here is the list of tire brands that we should keep a distance from:
- AKS tires.
- Compass tires.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
How long do Michelin Defender tires last?
Michelin rates the Defender for tire wear at 90,000 miles. They say the tire delivers this type of mileage because of the way their trademarked MaxTouch Construction combines with the interlocking action of their Breakthrough IntelliSipe technology to provide “exceptional tread block rigidity” and extra- long life.
Are Michelin Defenders good in snow?
Handling & Weather The Michelin Defender performs extremely well in dry conditions. Cornering is tight, and the tires perform well in highway driving. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
Which tire is best Michelin or Goodyear?
The Michelin Defender is an excellent tire, but the Goodyear is just a little bit better. Even so, this is a good tire with excellent traction on dry, wet or slushy roads. But the tread life is not that good. Most consumers complained that this tire will last less than 50K miles.
Are Goodyear tires as good as Michelin?
Although both are top tires in this category, the reason we have selected Goodyear is that its performance is equally exceptional in bad weather conditions. While Michelin does offer excellent fuel efficiency, its performance in bad weather is questionable.
Are Cooper tires as good as Michelin?
Michelin tires are the best for all-seasons. The Cooper option has 10,000 miles tread-life less than the Grabber’s but, remarkably, 15,000 more than the Michelin Premier LTX. Its price is average, but more expensive than the Cross Contact and the Grabber.