- 1 What does LTX mean on a tire?
- 2 What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX and Premier LTX?
- 3 Which Michelin tire is the best?
- 4 What is the best Michelin tire for SUV?
- 5 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 6 Are Michelin defenders worth it?
- 7 Are Michelin tires worth the cost?
- 8 Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
- 9 Which is better Michelin premier or defender?
- 10 Which tire brands to avoid?
- 11 Is Michelin better than Bridgestone?
- 12 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 13 What are the best all season Michelin tires?
- 14 How long will Michelin tires last?
- 15 How do I choose Michelin tires?
What does LTX mean on a tire?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX and Premier LTX?
The Defender LTX uses its sipes and four circumferential grooves to give you solid braking performance, while reducing the risk of hydroplaning. EverGrip technology on the Premier LTX expands the rain grooves around the tire, while adding emerging grooves on the shoulders as the tire begins wearing down.
Which Michelin tire is the best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
What is the best Michelin tire for SUV?
In my personal and professional opinion, the two best Michelin tires for Sport Utility Vehicles are: the Michelin Defender LTX M/S and the Michelin LTX M/S2.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
Are Michelin defenders worth it?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Are Michelin tires worth the cost?
Are Michelin tires worth the price? Michelin tires are worth every dime you pay for them. Not only do they feature innovative technology, but Michelin tires are some of the highest performing and longest lasting. You can’t go wrong with these tires.
Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Which is better Michelin premier or defender?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
Which tire brands to avoid?
6 Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing
- AKS Tires.
- Compass Tires.
Is Michelin better than Bridgestone?
Between the two, Michelin tires might be more expensive, but only slightly. Moreover, both companies focus on producing safe tires. You will always get reliable traction in dry and wet conditions with Bridgestone and Michelin tires. Moreover, these models always finish among the best in their respective categories.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
What are the best all season Michelin tires?
- #1 Michelin Defender LTX. The Michelin Defender LTX is a highway, all-season tire designed for light trucks and SUVs.
- #2 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- #3 Hankook Kinergy PT.
- #4 Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- #5 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
- Cooper: Most Affordable.
How long will Michelin tires last?
The Michelin tires can last one year or ten years. No one can guaranty it. However, if you use it properly then the chances are high that you will be able to use the tire for a long time.
How do I choose Michelin tires?
For mainly road or highway driving, look for:
- Braking distance at high speed: For maximum safety, select tires that provide optimum braking distance on both dry and wet roads.
- Comfort: For long trips, choose tires that offer comfort both in terms of vibration and noise level.