- 1 How long do Michelin Premier tires last?
- 2 What does LTX mean on Michelin tires?
- 3 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 4 Is Michelin Premier LTX A good tire?
- 5 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 6 What Michelin tire is best?
- 7 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 8 What is the best all-season tire?
- 9 Are Michelin Defenders good in snow?
- 10 Are Michelin defenders worth it?
- 11 How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
- 12 Is Michelin owned by Goodyear?
- 13 Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
- 14 Are Michelin LTX at2 good in snow?
- 15 What is the difference between Michelin Defender and Premier?
How long do Michelin Premier tires last?
The Michelin Premier A/S is designed to maintain wet grip as it wears. It has an estimated tread life of 80,000 miles in CR’s test.
What does LTX mean on Michelin tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
Is Michelin Premier LTX A good tire?
If you don’t mind the price, you should absolutely consider the Premier LTX. It offers the best wet performance of any touring all-season tire, excellent dry performance, long treadlife, and super-luxurious ride.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
What Michelin tire is best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
Are Michelin Defenders good in snow?
Handling & Weather The Michelin Defender performs extremely well in dry conditions. Cornering is tight, and the tires perform well in highway driving. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
Are Michelin defenders worth it?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
Costco seems to have sales on the Michelin tires every other month, although this is my estimate. (There is a sale going on now through October 28–$70 off four Michelin tires.) The sales seem to alterate monthly between Michelin and Bridgestone tires.
Is Michelin owned by Goodyear?
As of 2017, Goodyear is one of the top four tire manufacturers along with Bridgestone (Japan), Michelin (France) and Continental (Germany). The company was named after American Charles Goodyear, inventor of vulcanized rubber. Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.
|Goodyear’s headquarters in Akron, Ohio|
|Footnotes / references|
Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Are Michelin LTX at2 good in snow?
Some user feedback suggests the LTX A/T2 isn’t particularly proficient in challenging winter conditions. We’d echo that report by noting that unlike various other modern All-Terrain tires, the LTX A/T2 doesn’t achieve the Severe Snow Service credential (identified by the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol).
What is the difference between Michelin Defender and Premier?
In exchange for the higher levels of cornering performance, the Premier A/S has a lower treadlife warranty than the long-lasting Michelin Defender. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality. This tire is designed to get its driver from point A to point B thousands of times over.