- 1 What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
- 2 What size is P245 75R17?
- 3 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 4 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 5 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 6 Are Costco tires lower quality?
- 7 How much taller is a 285 than a 245?
- 8 What size is a 245 75 tire in inches?
- 9 What does lt245 75r17 mean?
- 10 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 11 Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
- 12 What’s better Michelin or Bridgestone?
- 13 Which tire brands to avoid?
- 14 Is Michelin really the best tire?
- 15 Which Michelin all-season tire is the best?
What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
What size is P245 75R17?
Specs for Selected Tire
|P245 / 75R17 110T Load Index 110 = 2,337 lbs (1,060 kg) per tire Speed Rating “T” = 118 mph (190 kph) SL Max Load = 2,337 lbs Max psi = 44 psi 2017 Production||520 A B Treadwear: 520 Traction: A Temperature: B||31.5″|
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
Are Costco tires lower quality?
Costco’s name-brand tires are the same quality as other name-brand tires sold elsewhere; Costco’s shop has lower overhead costs than a conventional tire shop, so they can afford a lower markup. Michelins sold at Walmart are just as good as Michelins sold elsewhere – including Costco.
How much taller is a 285 than a 245?
|245 /75-16||285 /75-16|
|Diameter inches (mm)||30.47 (773.9)||32.83 (833.9)|
|Width inches (mm)||9.65 ( 245 )||11.22 ( 285 )|
|Circum. inches (mm)||95.72 (2431.28)||103.14 (2619.77)|
|Sidewall Height inches (mm)||7.23 (183.75)||8.42 (213.75)|
What size is a 245 75 tire in inches?
16-inch Wheel Conversion Chart
|245 /70/16||29.5″x 9.6″|
|245 / 75 /16||30.5″x 9.6″|
What does lt245 75r17 mean?
245. This number indicates that your tire has a width of 245 millimeters. 75. This number means that your tire has an aspect ratio of 75%. In other words, your tire’s sidewall height (from the edge of the rim to the tire’s tread) is 75% of the width.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
Although both are top tires in this category, the reason we have selected Goodyear is that its performance is equally exceptional in bad weather conditions. While Michelin does offer excellent fuel efficiency, its performance in bad weather is questionable.
What’s better Michelin or Bridgestone?
Bridgestone seemingly has more of a focus on the ‘everyday’ motorist than Michelin. Michelin is not a budget brand. However, for the discerning buyer, Michelin offers ‘everyday’ tyres at a price accessible for many people. It’s hard to go wrong with the two biggest type companies in the world.
Which tire brands to avoid?
6 Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing
- AKS Tires.
- Compass Tires.
Is Michelin really the best tire?
Over the years, Michelin has built a reputation for using top grade rubber to help deliver exceptional fuel economy in each tire. When it comes to the best tire brands, we chose Michelin as number one for many reasons. It’s often said that truck tires are the backbone of a big tire company.
Which Michelin all-season tire is the best?
- #1 Michelin Defender LTX. The Michelin Defender LTX is a highway, all – season tire designed for light trucks and SUVs.
- #2 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All – Season.
- #3 Hankook Kinergy PT.
- #4 Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- #5 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All – Season.
- Cooper: Most Affordable.