- 1 Is Michelin or Firestone tires better?
- 2 What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
- 3 What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX MS and LTX M S2?
- 4 What ply is Michelin LTX S2?
- 5 What are the worst tire brands?
- 6 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 7 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 8 Are Costco tires lower quality?
- 9 What is the best Michelin tire?
- 10 Which is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 11 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires noisy?
- 12 How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
- 13 Are there any recalls on Michelin tires?
- 14 How many ply is Michelin Defender?
- 15 What is the best 10 ply light truck tire?
Is Michelin or Firestone tires better?
Cost: Firestone tires are cheaper than Michelin tires. For example, Firestone SUV tires are sold at a price of $169, while Michelin SUV tires cost $232. Durability: Firestone tires are not as durable as Michelin tires. Michelin tires can last as long as ten years, while Firestone tires can only last about three years.
What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX MS and LTX M S2?
Compared to the popular Michelin LTX M / S2 it replaces, the new Defender LTX M/S tires share the same highly functional tread pattern, and offer improvements in wear life/longevity to better meet the high-torque demands of modern trucks. Defender LTX M/S is designed to be stronger, longer.
What ply is Michelin LTX S2?
|Speed Rating [?]||:||R|
|Construction||:||10 Ply Rated|
|Speed Rating||:||106 mph|
What are the worst tire brands?
6 Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing
- AKS Tires.
- Compass Tires.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
Are Costco tires lower quality?
Costco’s name-brand tires are the same quality as other name-brand tires sold elsewhere; Costco’s shop has lower overhead costs than a conventional tire shop, so they can afford a lower markup. Michelins sold at Walmart are just as good as Michelins sold elsewhere – including Costco.
What is the best Michelin tire?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Which is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires noisy?
Noise & Comfort We were unsurprised to learn that similar to the Defender (cars/vans), the Defender LTX M/S produces a larger amount of noise than other tires.
How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
Ten years is a maximum.
Are there any recalls on Michelin tires?
Michelin is voluntarily recalling certain sizes of its MICHELIN ® LTX® M/S 2, MICHELIN ® X® Radial LT2 and MICHELIN ® LatitudeTM Tour tires. Michelin is recalling approximately 100,000 tires in order to retrieve an estimated 2,500 tires (about 2.5% of the recalled population).
How many ply is Michelin Defender?
Michelin Defender LTX M/S All- Season Radial Tire-LT255/65R18 120R LRE 10- Ply.
What is the best 10 ply light truck tire?
The Best 10 Ply Tires for Towing that You Can Buy
- Michelin Defender LTX M/S.
- Cooper Discoverer HTP.
- General Grabber HTS60.
- Kumho Crugen HT51.
- Firestone Transforce HT2.
- Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar.
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2.
- Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar.