- 1 Is the Michelin Premier A good tire?
- 2 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 3 How long do Michelin Premier tires last?
- 4 What is the difference between Michelin Primacy and Premier?
- 5 Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
- 6 Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
- 7 Which tire brands to avoid?
- 8 Which Michelin all-season tire is the best?
- 9 How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
- 10 Which tires give the smoothest ride?
- 11 When should I replace my Michelin tires?
- 12 What is the smoothest riding Michelin tire?
- 13 Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
- 14 Which Michelin tires are best for SUV?
Is the Michelin Premier A good tire?
Michelin’s Premier A/S tire is a passenger vehicle (cars/minivans) all-season model with some fantastic features. These tires have great traction and handling on wet and dry roads, and superior braking and stopping. The Premier A/S tires have actually replaced an older model, the Primacy MXV4, which were good tires.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
How long do Michelin Premier tires last?
The Michelin Premier A/S is designed to maintain wet grip as it wears. It has an estimated tread life of 80,000 miles in CR’s test.
What is the difference between Michelin Primacy and Premier?
Yes, the Primacy performed better, and most tires do on dry pavement. On wet pavement, with full tread tires, the Primacy MXV4 takes about seven feet longer to stop than the Premier A/S; when the tread is shaved to 5/32” on both models, it takes about 24 feet longer.
Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
Costco is a popular place to buy tires, but don’t exclude seeing what local independents have to offer. Assuming we’re talking about the exact same Michelin tire, no, it’s not true. The only difference is the price. Only a few Michelin lines, like X Radial, are unique to wholesale clubs.
Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Which tire brands to avoid?
6 Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing
- AKS Tires.
- Compass Tires.
Which Michelin all-season tire is the best?
- #1 Michelin Defender LTX. The Michelin Defender LTX is a highway, all – season tire designed for light trucks and SUVs.
- #2 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All – Season.
- #3 Hankook Kinergy PT.
- #4 Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- #5 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All – Season.
- Cooper: Most Affordable.
How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
Costco seems to have sales on the Michelin tires every other month, although this is my estimate. (There is a sale going on now through October 28–$70 off four Michelin tires.) The sales seem to alterate monthly between Michelin and Bridgestone tires.
Which tires give the smoothest ride?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
When should I replace my Michelin tires?
Ten years is a maximum If the tires haven’t been replaced 10 years after their date of manufacture, as a precaution, Michelin recommends replacing them with new tires. Even if they appear to be in usable condition and have not worn down to the tread wear indicator. This applies to spare tires as well.
What is the smoothest riding Michelin tire?
As a brand, they often showcase some of the quietest and smoothest riding tires. The Michelin Primacy MXV4 is known for longevity as it’s offered with a 60,000 mile tread life warranty and provides good snow-handling capability for an all-season tire.
Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
They were designed by the manufacturer of your car. If your new car came with a set of Michelins, Michelin made the tire but they made it to the specifications set by your car manufacturer. This is because virtually all auto manufacturers specify very soft rubber which means they wear out too fast.
Which Michelin tires are best for SUV?
Top Best Michelin Tires For SUV Reviews 2020
- Michelin LTX A/T2 All-Season Radial Tire – P275/65R18 114T.
- Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- Michelin Energy Saver A/S All-Season Radial Tire 147.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All Season Performance Radial Tire.
- MICHELIN CROSS CLIMATE+ 88.
- Michelin X-Ice Xi3 Winter Radial Tire.