- 1 Are Michelin Defender tires good tires?
- 2 Which are the best Michelin tires?
- 3 Is the Michelin Premier A good tire?
- 4 What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX and Premier LTX?
- 5 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 6 How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
- 7 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 8 Are Michelin tires worth the price?
- 9 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 10 Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
- 11 Are Michelin tires made in China?
- 12 What is the difference between Michelin Primacy and Premier?
- 13 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires noisy?
- 14 Which is better Michelin defender or latitude?
- 15 What does LTX stand for on tires?
Are Michelin Defender tires good tires?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Which are the best Michelin tires?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Is the Michelin Premier A good tire?
Michelin’s Premier A/S tire is a passenger vehicle (cars/minivans) all-season model with some fantastic features. These tires have great traction and handling on wet and dry roads, and superior braking and stopping. The Premier A/S tires have actually replaced an older model, the Primacy MXV4, which were good tires.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX and Premier LTX?
The Defender LTX uses its sipes and four circumferential grooves to give you solid braking performance, while reducing the risk of hydroplaning. EverGrip technology on the Premier LTX expands the rain grooves around the tire, while adding emerging grooves on the shoulders as the tire begins wearing down.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
Michelin rates the Defender for tire wear at 90,000 miles. They say the tire delivers this type of mileage because of the way their trademarked MaxTouch Construction combines with the interlocking action of their Breakthrough IntelliSipe technology to provide “exceptional tread block rigidity” and extra-long life.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Are Michelin tires worth the price?
Are Michelin tires worth the price? Michelin tires are worth every dime you pay for them. Not only do they feature innovative technology, but Michelin tires are some of the highest performing and longest lasting. You can’t go wrong with these tires.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
Costco is a popular place to buy tires, but don’t exclude seeing what local independents have to offer. Assuming we’re talking about the exact same Michelin tire, no, it’s not true. The only difference is the price. Only a few Michelin lines, like X Radial, are unique to wholesale clubs.
Are Michelin tires made in China?
Michelin, Goodyear, Yokohama and Continental “they’re all there building tires in China ” Mielko said, adding that Pirelli’s biggest factory is located there.
What is the difference between Michelin Primacy and Premier?
Yes, the Primacy performed better, and most tires do on dry pavement. On wet pavement, with full tread tires, the Primacy MXV4 takes about seven feet longer to stop than the Premier A/S; when the tread is shaved to 5/32” on both models, it takes about 24 feet longer.
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires noisy?
Noise & Comfort We were unsurprised to learn that similar to the Defender (cars/vans), the Defender LTX M/S produces a larger amount of noise than other tires.
Which is better Michelin defender or latitude?
As both of them are an all-season tire while Michelin Defender can be trusted with the quiet and comfortable ride quality to go along with remarkable dry and wet Traction. On the other hand, Michelin Latitude provides an impressive Dry traction braking with outstanding braking and acceleration.
What does LTX stand for on tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.