- 1 How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
- 2 How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
- 3 What does 215 65r16 98h mean?
- 4 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 5 Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
- 6 How good are Michelin Defender tires in snow?
- 7 Are Michelin tires at Costco the same quality?
- 8 What is the number 1 tire brand?
- 9 What is the best Michelin tire?
- 10 What does 215 mean on a tire?
- 11 What does the T or H mean on tires?
- 12 Can I use 215 60r17 instead of 225 65R17?
- 13 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 14 Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
- 15 What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
Michelin rates the Defender for tire wear at 90,000 miles. They say the tire delivers this type of mileage because of the way their trademarked MaxTouch Construction combines with the interlocking action of their Breakthrough IntelliSipe technology to provide “exceptional tread block rigidity” and extra-long life.
How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
Ten years is a maximum.
What does 215 65r16 98h mean?
This number means that your tire has an aspect ratio of 65%. In other words, your tire’s sidewall height (from the edge of the rim to the tire’s tread) is 65% of the width.
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
6 – Michelin Defender As a new tire in 2012, the Michelin Defender is making its mark as an all-around high performing all-season tire. One very nice benefit you’ll also find with this tire is how quiet the ride is. Michelin has tuned the tread pattern to optimize ride comfort and quietness.
How good are Michelin Defender tires in snow?
The Michelin Defender performs extremely well in dry conditions. Cornering is tight, and the tires perform well in highway driving. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
Are Michelin tires at Costco the same quality?
Costco’s name-brand tires are the same quality as other name-brand tires sold elsewhere; Costco’s shop has lower overhead costs than a conventional tire shop, so they can afford a lower markup. Why are Michelin tires considered better than others?
What is the number 1 tire brand?
The Top 10 Best Tire Brands
|Best Tire Brand||Overall Score||Industry Reputation|
What is the best Michelin tire?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
What does 215 mean on a tire?
“ 215 ” in this sequence refers to the tire’s width in millimeters. In other words, this tire is 215 millimeters wide, from sidewall to sidewall.
What does the T or H mean on tires?
All these ratings cover speeds well above legal limits. The most popular, S, T, and H, are rated for 112, 118, and 130 mph, respectively. Traditionally, most family cars have used S- and T -rated tires, while tires rated H and higher have mostly been available only in sports cars or upscale sports sedans.
Can I use 215 60r17 instead of 225 65R17?
Can I use 215 /55R17 on 225 / 65R17 stock tires? The 225 / 65R17 is one size larger and much taller and can carry more weight compared to the 215 /55R17. The ride will be harsher as well as the aspect ratio is two sizes lower. The smaller tire will fit on the same rim.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
Although both are top tires in this category, the reason we have selected Goodyear is that its performance is equally exceptional in bad weather conditions. While Michelin does offer excellent fuel efficiency, its performance in bad weather is questionable.
What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
Treadlife on both tires is long lasting, but we give the edge to Michelin over Goodyear. The Defender carries an 820 UTQG rating and an 80,000 mile warranty, while the TripleTred has a 740 UTQ Grating and an 80,000 mile tread guarantee.