- 1 How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
- 2 How long do Michelin Pilot Sport tires last?
- 3 How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
- 4 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 5 Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
- 6 Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
- 7 Are Michelin tires at Costco the same quality?
- 8 When should you replace tire depth?
- 9 Are Michelin Pilot Super Sport worth it?
- 10 What is the best Michelin tire?
- 11 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires noisy?
- 12 What is the best all-season tire?
- 13 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 14 What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
- 15 Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
Michelin rates the Defender for tire wear at 90,000 miles. They say the tire delivers this type of mileage because of the way their trademarked MaxTouch Construction combines with the interlocking action of their Breakthrough IntelliSipe technology to provide “exceptional tread block rigidity” and extra-long life.
How long do Michelin Pilot Sport tires last?
From this extensive test program, we found that high-scoring UHP summer tires last about 35,000 to 40,000 miles, including the top-rated Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Add another 20,000 miles or so for most high-scoring UHP all-season tires.
How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
Ten years is a maximum.
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
6 – Michelin Defender As a new tire in 2012, the Michelin Defender is making its mark as an all-around high performing all-season tire. One very nice benefit you’ll also find with this tire is how quiet the ride is. Michelin has tuned the tread pattern to optimize ride comfort and quietness.
Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued. The LTX M/S became the LTX M/S 2 became the Defender LTX and has now been reborn again although I forget the name at the moment.
Are Michelin tires at Costco the same quality?
Costco’s name-brand tires are the same quality as other name-brand tires sold elsewhere; Costco’s shop has lower overhead costs than a conventional tire shop, so they can afford a lower markup. Why are Michelin tires considered better than others?
When should you replace tire depth?
New tires typically come with 10/32” or 11/32” tread depths, and some truck, SUV and winter tires may have deeper tread depths than other models. The U.S. Department of Transportation recommends replacing tires when they reach 2/32”, and many states legally require tires to be replaced at this depth.
Are Michelin Pilot Super Sport worth it?
If an ultra-high performance tire is what you are seeking for your sports car or sedan, the Michelin Pilot Super Sport is what you are looking for. The grip and handling in the corners is amazing, whether on the road or track. What may be even more surprising is the quiet and comfortable ride this tire offers as well.
What is the best Michelin tire?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires noisy?
Noise & Comfort We were unsurprised to learn that similar to the Defender (cars/vans), the Defender LTX M/S produces a larger amount of noise than other tires.
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
Treadlife on both tires is long lasting, but we give the edge to Michelin over Goodyear. The Defender carries an 820 UTQG rating and an 80,000 mile warranty, while the TripleTred has a 740 UTQ Grating and an 80,000 mile tread guarantee.
Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
Although both are top tires in this category, the reason we have selected Goodyear is that its performance is equally exceptional in bad weather conditions. While Michelin does offer excellent fuel efficiency, its performance in bad weather is questionable.