- 1 What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
- 2 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 3 Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
- 4 How good is the Michelin Defender tire?
- 5 Which tire is best Michelin or Goodyear?
- 6 Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
- 7 Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
- 8 Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
- 9 What’s better Michelin or Bridgestone?
- 10 Is Michelin Defender a winter tire?
- 11 What is the best all-season tire?
- 12 What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX MS and ms2?
- 13 Which is better Michelin premier or defender?
- 14 What Michelin tire is best?
- 15 How many miles are Michelin tires rated for?
What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
Treadlife on both tires is long lasting, but we give the edge to Michelin over Goodyear. The Defender carries an 820 UTQG rating and an 80,000 mile warranty, while the TripleTred has a 740 UTQ Grating and an 80,000 mile tread guarantee.
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued. The LTX M/S became the LTX M/S 2 became the Defender LTX and has now been reborn again although I forget the name at the moment.
How good is the Michelin Defender tire?
Independent testing, such as that done by Consumer Reports, confirmed Michelin’s 90,000 mile tread wear rating. The Defender received a Uniform Tire Quality Grading Treadwear rating of 820. It also received an “A” grade for traction and a grade of “B” for temperature resistance.
Which tire is best Michelin or Goodyear?
The Michelin Defender is an excellent tire, but the Goodyear is just a little bit better. Even so, this is a good tire with excellent traction on dry, wet or slushy roads. But the tread life is not that good. Most consumers complained that this tire will last less than 50K miles.
Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
Costco is a popular place to buy tires, but don’t exclude seeing what local independents have to offer. Assuming we’re talking about the exact same Michelin tire, no, it’s not true. The only difference is the price. Only a few Michelin lines, like X Radial, are unique to wholesale clubs.
Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
Although both are top tires in this category, the reason we have selected Goodyear is that its performance is equally exceptional in bad weather conditions. While Michelin does offer excellent fuel efficiency, its performance in bad weather is questionable.
What’s better Michelin or Bridgestone?
Bridgestone seemingly has more of a focus on the ‘everyday’ motorist than Michelin. Michelin is not a budget brand. However, for the discerning buyer, Michelin offers ‘everyday’ tyres at a price accessible for many people. It’s hard to go wrong with the two biggest type companies in the world.
Is Michelin Defender a winter tire?
Handling & Weather Although the Defender is rated as an all-season tire, the tread and design resembles more of a summer tire. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender LTX MS and ms2?
Compared to the popular Michelin LTX M/S2 it replaces, the new Defender LTX M/S tires share the same highly functional tread pattern, and offer improvements in wear life/longevity to better meet the high-torque demands of modern trucks. Defender LTX M/S is designed to be stronger, longer.
Which is better Michelin premier or defender?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
What Michelin tire is best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
How many miles are Michelin tires rated for?
From this extensive test program, we found that high-scoring UHP summer tires last about 35,000 to 40,000 miles, including the top-rated Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Add another 20,000 miles or so for most high-scoring UHP all-season tires.