- 1 What size is 265 65r17 in inches?
- 2 What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
- 3 What does p265 65r17 mean?
- 4 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 5 What size is a 265 tire in inches?
- 6 What is the difference between 265 70 and 265 75?
- 7 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 8 What is the best Michelin tire?
- 9 Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
- 10 Which is a wider tire 65 or 70?
- 11 Are wider tires better?
- 12 Can I use 235 tires instead of 225?
- 13 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 14 Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
- 15 What is the best tire for the money?
What size is 265 65r17 in inches?
|Diameter inches ( mm )||30.56 (776.3)||31.61 (802.8)|
|Width inches ( mm )||10.43 (265)||10.43 (265)|
|Circum. inches ( mm )||96.02 (2438.82)||99.29 (2522.07)|
|Sidewall Height inches ( mm )||6.78 (172.25)||7.3 (185.5)|
What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
What does p265 65r17 mean?
This number means that your tire has an aspect ratio of 65%. In other words, your tire’s sidewall height (from the edge of the rim to the tire’s tread) is 65% of the width. In this case, the sidewall height is 0 millimeters.
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
What size is a 265 tire in inches?
P-Metric Tire Sizes – P-Metric to Inches Conversion Chart
|Rim Size||P-Metric Size||Actual Tire Height|
|16 Inch||245/75R16||30.5 inches|
What is the difference between 265 70 and 265 75?
For the 16″ rims, 265/70 is the stock size. Going from 265/70 to 265/75 is increasing the height, or diameter, of the tire. The tire will be an inch taller. 265 is the width, so stock size is 265 millimeters wide.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
What is the best Michelin tire?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
They were designed by the manufacturer of your car. If your new car came with a set of Michelins, Michelin made the tire but they made it to the specifications set by your car manufacturer. This is because virtually all auto manufacturers specify very soft rubber which means they wear out too fast.
Which is a wider tire 65 or 70?
According to the Generic Auto Tire FAQs in Type2’s Technical Library, the shorter sidewall of the series 65 tire means a slightly wider tire that changes the car’s handling considerably; specifically, “more rubber on the road provides a better grip.” The series 65 provides better turn-in and stability compared to the
Are wider tires better?
From a safety point of view, both types have their good sides: On a dry road, wider tires will offer more grip than narrow ones, but the risk of aquaplaning will be higher with wide tires. – In the winter, narrow tires are better under extreme conditions as they provide higher surface pressure against the road.
Can I use 235 tires instead of 225?
Yesthat size will work 100% perfectly, as it is the exact same diameter as the 225 /75-16. 235 /70-16 is actually a shorter tire.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
Costco is a popular place to buy tires, but don’t exclude seeing what local independents have to offer. Assuming we’re talking about the exact same Michelin tire, no, it’s not true. The only difference is the price. Only a few Michelin lines, like X Radial, are unique to wholesale clubs.
What is the best tire for the money?
General Tires The General Altimax RT43 (T) is the highest-rated all-season tire based on Consumer Reports’ data. It’s one of the two recommended all-season tires alongside the Michelin Defender T+H. At $86.95, the General Tire has a great average price compared to other highly-rated all-season models.