- 1 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 2 Is the Michelin Defender LTX A good tire?
- 3 What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
- 4 Which is better Michelin defender or latitude?
- 5 Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
- 6 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 7 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires quiet?
- 8 What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
- 9 How good are Michelin Defender tires in snow?
- 10 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 11 What is the best Michelin tire?
- 12 Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
- 13 Are there any recalls on Michelin tires?
- 14 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 15 How long do Michelin Latitude tires last?
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Is the Michelin Defender LTX A good tire?
Overall, the Defender LTX M/S simply does not disappoint in its performance. We rank it as one of the top tires in the truck/SUV all-season category and highly recommend it.
What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
Which is better Michelin defender or latitude?
As both of them are an all-season tire while Michelin Defender can be trusted with the quiet and comfortable ride quality to go along with remarkable dry and wet Traction. On the other hand, Michelin Latitude provides an impressive Dry traction braking with outstanding braking and acceleration.
Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
Costco is a popular place to buy tires, but don’t exclude seeing what local independents have to offer. Assuming we’re talking about the exact same Michelin tire, no, it’s not true. The only difference is the price. Only a few Michelin lines, like X Radial, are unique to wholesale clubs.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires quiet?
The Defender LTX M/S is designed to combine a smooth, quiet ride with year-round traction in dry, wet and wintry conditions, even in light snow. Defender LTX M/S tires feature Michelin Evertread compound, which is a stronger advanced compound that holds up to tougher conditions longer.
What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
Treadlife on both tires is long lasting, but we give the edge to Michelin over Goodyear. The Defender carries an 820 UTQG rating and an 80,000 mile warranty, while the TripleTred has a 740 UTQ Grating and an 80,000 mile tread guarantee.
How good are Michelin Defender tires in snow?
The Michelin Defender performs extremely well in dry conditions. Cornering is tight, and the tires perform well in highway driving. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
What is the best Michelin tire?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
They were designed by the manufacturer of your car. If your new car came with a set of Michelins, Michelin made the tire but they made it to the specifications set by your car manufacturer. This is because virtually all auto manufacturers specify very soft rubber which means they wear out too fast.
Are there any recalls on Michelin tires?
Michelin is voluntarily recalling certain sizes of its MICHELIN ® LTX® M/S 2, MICHELIN ® X® Radial LT2 and MICHELIN ® LatitudeTM Tour tires. Michelin is recalling approximately 100,000 tires in order to retrieve an estimated 2,500 tires (about 2.5% of the recalled population).
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
How long do Michelin Latitude tires last?
Michelin backs this tire with a 65,000 mile tread guarantee, and has sizes available from 16-19 inches. Michelin has engineered a winner in the Latitude Tour for the most part. Not only is it one of the best performing tires in this class, but it is one of the safest truck/SUV all-season tires on the market today.