- 1 Are 33 inch tires the same as 285?
- 2 What is a 285 tire equivalent to?
- 3 How wide is a 285 tire rim?
- 4 How do I know my Michelin tire size?
- 5 What is a 33 tire equivalent to?
- 6 How much taller is a 285 tire than a 265?
- 7 Will a 265 tire fit a 285 rim?
- 8 What is the difference between 285 and 275 tires?
- 9 What is the difference between a 265 tire and a 285 tire?
- 10 Will a 285 tire fit a 10 inch rim?
- 11 Will a 285 tire fit a 9 inch rim?
- 12 Will a 285 tire fit an 8.5 rim?
- 13 How tall is a 17 inch tire?
- 14 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 15 Which Michelin tire is best?
Are 33 inch tires the same as 285?
YES, 285 wide tires are the same as 33 ” tires although 285 is the tread width in millimeters and 33 ″ is the tire diameter. 285 /75/16 is usually the accepted metric equivalent size for 33’s.
What is a 285 tire equivalent to?
P-Metric Tire Sizes – P-Metric to Inches Conversion Chart
|Rim Size||P-Metric Size||Actual Tire Height|
|16 Inch||265/75R16||31.6 inches|
|285 /75R16||32.8 inches|
How wide is a 285 tire rim?
|Rim width||Minimum tire width||Maximum tire width|
|10,0 Inches||255 mm||285 mm|
|10,5 Inches||265 mm||295 mm|
|11,0 Inches||275 mm||305 mm|
|11,5 Inches||285 mm||315 mm|
How do I know my Michelin tire size?
Find your tire size in your vehicle owner’s manual or on your door. Find the information in your vehicle owner’s manual in the glove compartment or on the tire information sticker on your driver’s side door.
What is a 33 tire equivalent to?
Tire size equivalent chart for 33″, 35″, 37″ or 40″ tires:
|33″ Tires (+/- 0.50″ in overall diameter)|
How much taller is a 285 tire than a 265?
|265 /75-16||285 /75-16|
|Width inches (mm)||10.43 ( 265 )||11.22 ( 285 )|
|Circum. inches (mm)||99.43 (2525.53)||103.14 (2619.77)|
|Sidewall Height inches (mm)||7.82 (198.75)||8.42 (213.75)|
|Revolutions per mile (km)||637.23 (395.96)||614.31 (381.71)|
Will a 265 tire fit a 285 rim?
I only know that 16 is for diameter. Short answer: Yes. Yes they will fit, the 285 will be 1.2″ more in diameter, 0.8″ more in width, 0.6″ taller sidewall, 3.7″ longer circumference and will rotate 24 less times every mile.
What is the difference between 285 and 275 tires?
They both are the same tread width. The difference is the 275 /65/17 is a little taller. It is the same tread “mold”. To get a wider bfg tire, you must go to a 285.
What is the difference between a 265 tire and a 285 tire?
The larger 285 / 70R17 tire in the photo above stands over an inch taller and is nearly an inch wider than the 265 / 70R17 size. The width of the tread is also a half-inch wider. Many late-model domestic trucks accept this difference in size.
Will a 285 tire fit a 10 inch rim?
any tire wider needs a wider wheel. 18″ x 10 ” 295/35R18 would be perfect, a 285 /35R18 works too.
Will a 285 tire fit a 9 inch rim?
The tire manufacturers state that a 285 needs to be on a 9.5.
Will a 285 tire fit an 8.5 rim?
A 285 requires at least a 9.5″ width. 285s are too wide to properly fit on a 8.5 inch rim. For example: I run 275’s on a 10″ rim. The widest tire that is recommended on a 8.5 ” wheel is a 255.
How tall is a 17 inch tire?
|17 INCH TIRES||TIRE HEIGHT|
|225 35 17||23.20|
|245 35 17||23.75|
|315 35 17||25.68|
|335 35 17||26.23|
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Which Michelin tire is best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.