- 1 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 2 Which is better Michelin premier or defender?
- 3 Is Michelin Defender th good tire?
- 4 Is the Michelin Defender discontinued?
- 5 Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
- 6 What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
- 7 Which tire brands to avoid?
- 8 Which Michelin tire is the best?
- 9 Are Michelin tires quiet?
- 10 What is the best all-season tire?
- 11 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires quiet?
- 12 How many miles are Michelin tires rated for?
- 13 Is Michelin Defender a winter tire?
- 14 Are Michelin Defender tires all-season?
- 15 Where are Michelin Defender tires manufactured?
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Which is better Michelin premier or defender?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
Is Michelin Defender th good tire?
Michelin Defender has ‘no real shortcomings’ In wet use, the Defender tested “very good ” in resistance to hydroplaning and snow traction. It received a grade of “ good ” for braking in wet and icy conditions. A tire that doesn’t handle very well isn’t going to place well, either.
Is the Michelin Defender discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued.
Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
Treadlife on both tires is long lasting, but we give the edge to Michelin over Goodyear. The Defender carries an 820 UTQG rating and an 80,000 mile warranty, while the TripleTred has a 740 UTQ Grating and an 80,000 mile tread guarantee.
Which tire brands to avoid?
6 Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing
- AKS Tires.
- Compass Tires.
Which Michelin tire is the best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Are Michelin tires quiet?
The Michelin Premier LTX is perfect for truck drivers and SUV owners who enjoy a quiet and stable drive. The tires provide great handling and traction as well as crisp steering control. The Premier LTX is one of the quietest tires available in the market.
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires quiet?
The Defender LTX M/S is designed to combine a smooth, quiet ride with year-round traction in dry, wet and wintry conditions, even in light snow. Defender LTX M/S tires feature Michelin Evertread compound, which is a stronger advanced compound that holds up to tougher conditions longer.
How many miles are Michelin tires rated for?
From this extensive test program, we found that high-scoring UHP summer tires last about 35,000 to 40,000 miles, including the top-rated Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Add another 20,000 miles or so for most high-scoring UHP all-season tires.
Is Michelin Defender a winter tire?
Handling & Weather Although the Defender is rated as an all-season tire, the tread and design resembles more of a summer tire. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
Are Michelin Defender tires all-season?
An all – season tire suitable for many family cars, small SUV’s and light duty trucks. The Defender has an impressive 90,000 mile warranty, in-line with the wear potential determined by Consumer Reports own test results.
Where are Michelin Defender tires manufactured?
Michelin is making the majority of the Defender LTX M/S tires at its plants in Columbia and Greenville, S.C., as well as some at its Ardmore, Okla., and Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, factories.