- 1 What does t/h mean on tires?
- 2 What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
- 3 Are Michelin Defender good tires?
- 4 What is the tread depth of a Michelin Defender?
- 5 Should I get H or T rated tires?
- 6 Which is better H or T rated tires?
- 7 Are Costco tires lower quality?
- 8 Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
- 9 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 10 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 11 Which Michelin all-season tire is the best?
- 12 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 13 What is the difference between Michelin Defender and latitude tires?
- 14 Is the Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
- 15 How many miles are Michelin tires rated for?
What does t/h mean on tires?
Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images. The codes on the sides of tires are unfamiliar to most car and truck owners, but knowing what the codes mean is important to choosing the proper tires. The H / T on tires stands for highway/terrain.
What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
Are Michelin Defender good tires?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
What is the tread depth of a Michelin Defender?
On the Michelin Defender T+H, the minimum tread depth is 2/32-inch. The indicators are narrow rubber bars strategically placed inside the circumferential grooves of the tire. When the tire comes to 2/32-inch tread depth, the indicators will be completely flush with the surface.
Should I get H or T rated tires?
Tires with higher speed ratings generally have better steering response and cornering grip than lower-speed rated tires, in addition to being capable of higher speeds. So if your car originally came with H – rated tires, that’s what you should replace them with. Sticking with H – rated tires comes at a cost.
Which is better H or T rated tires?
H rated tires have stronger construction than T rated tires. The concern may not be speed although a Subaru can exceed 118 MPH hence those tires however it may be load rating of the tires. Lessor speed rated tires must be able to handle the listed load of your vehicle properly. Confirm this, a good tire shop will.
Are Costco tires lower quality?
Costco’s name-brand tires are the same quality as other name-brand tires sold elsewhere; Costco’s shop has lower overhead costs than a conventional tire shop, so they can afford a lower markup. Michelins sold at Walmart are just as good as Michelins sold elsewhere – including Costco.
Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
They were designed by the manufacturer of your car. If your new car came with a set of Michelins, Michelin made the tire but they made it to the specifications set by your car manufacturer. This is because virtually all auto manufacturers specify very soft rubber which means they wear out too fast.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
Which Michelin all-season tire is the best?
- #1 Michelin Defender LTX. The Michelin Defender LTX is a highway, all – season tire designed for light trucks and SUVs.
- #2 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All – Season.
- #3 Hankook Kinergy PT.
- #4 Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- #5 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All – Season.
- Cooper: Most Affordable.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender and latitude tires?
Based on Dry Traction: Michelin Defender series of tires offer excellent toughness and durability at the expense of an advanced tread compound referred to as ‘EverTread. Michelin latitude tires have an asymmetric tread design enhanced with Michelin’s MaxTouch Construction to provide more treadwear miles.
Is the Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
As a new tire in 2012, the Michelin Defender is making its mark as an all-around high performing all-season tire. One very nice benefit you’ll also find with this tire is how quiet the ride is. The Michelin Defender has high amounts of silica infused in the tread to increase the traction on wet roads.
How many miles are Michelin tires rated for?
From this extensive test program, we found that high-scoring UHP summer tires last about 35,000 to 40,000 miles, including the top-rated Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Add another 20,000 miles or so for most high-scoring UHP all-season tires.