- 1 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 2 How good is the Michelin Defender tire?
- 3 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 4 Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
- 5 Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
- 6 What is the best tire for the money?
- 7 What is the best all-season tire?
- 8 What Michelin tire is best?
- 9 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires quiet?
- 10 Which tire brands to avoid?
- 11 How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
- 12 What is the difference between Michelin Defender and Premier?
- 13 Is Michelin Defender a winter tire?
- 14 Are Michelin Defender tires all-season?
- 15 Where are Michelin Defender tires manufactured?
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
How good is the Michelin Defender tire?
Independent testing, such as that done by Consumer Reports, confirmed Michelin’s 90,000 mile tread wear rating. The Defender received a Uniform Tire Quality Grading Treadwear rating of 820. It also received an “A” grade for traction and a grade of “B” for temperature resistance.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued. The LTX M/S became the LTX M/S 2 became the Defender LTX and has now been reborn again although I forget the name at the moment.
Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
What is the best tire for the money?
General Tires The General Altimax RT43 (T) is the highest-rated all-season tire based on Consumer Reports’ data. It’s one of the two recommended all-season tires alongside the Michelin Defender T+H. At $86.95, the General Tire has a great average price compared to other highly-rated all-season models.
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
What Michelin tire is best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires quiet?
The Defender LTX M/S is designed to combine a smooth, quiet ride with year-round traction in dry, wet and wintry conditions, even in light snow. Defender LTX M/S tires feature Michelin Evertread compound, which is a stronger advanced compound that holds up to tougher conditions longer.
Which tire brands to avoid?
6 Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing
- AKS Tires.
- Compass Tires.
How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
Costco seems to have sales on the Michelin tires every other month, although this is my estimate. (There is a sale going on now through October 28–$70 off four Michelin tires.) The sales seem to alterate monthly between Michelin and Bridgestone tires.
What is the difference between Michelin Defender and Premier?
In exchange for the higher levels of cornering performance, the Premier A/S has a lower treadlife warranty than the long-lasting Michelin Defender. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality. This tire is designed to get its driver from point A to point B thousands of times over.
Is Michelin Defender a winter tire?
Handling & Weather Although the Defender is rated as an all-season tire, the tread and design resembles more of a summer tire. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
Are Michelin Defender tires all-season?
An all – season tire suitable for many family cars, small SUV’s and light duty trucks. The Defender has an impressive 90,000 mile warranty, in-line with the wear potential determined by Consumer Reports own test results.
Where are Michelin Defender tires manufactured?
Michelin is making the majority of the Defender LTX M/S tires at its plants in Columbia and Greenville, S.C., as well as some at its Ardmore, Okla., and Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, factories.