- 1 How do you read Michelin tire codes?
- 2 How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
- 3 What does a s/t h mean on tires?
- 4 Are Michelin Defenders good tires?
- 5 How do I know if my Michelin Tyres are real?
- 6 How do you tell how old a tire is?
- 7 What is the best Michelin tire?
- 8 What is the best all-season tire?
- 9 Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
- 10 Does Michelin make an all weather tire?
- 11 What is a touring tire?
- 12 Does Michelin still make the primacy MXV4?
- 13 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 14 What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
- 15 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
How do you read Michelin tire codes?
Locate the DOT number. On the sidewall of the tire, locate a number that starts with DOT. It can be up to 12 digits long. The last three or four numbers are the date code.
How many miles do Michelin Defender tires last?
Michelin rates the Defender for tire wear at 90,000 miles. They say the tire delivers this type of mileage because of the way their trademarked MaxTouch Construction combines with the interlocking action of their Breakthrough IntelliSipe technology to provide “exceptional tread block rigidity” and extra-long life.
What does a s/t h mean on tires?
Michelin’s standard touring all-season tire is one of the most accomplished products in its category. After that section, you can read my detailed Michelin X Tour A/ S T + H review, where I’ll cover performance on dry and wet roads, snow traction, durability, and comfort.
Are Michelin Defenders good tires?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
How do I know if my Michelin Tyres are real?
best way to get genuine tyres is to buy them from company authorized & reputed dealers & for Bridgestone & Michelin, check hologram on the tyre. check hologram on the tyre. Not all brands have holograms.
How do you tell how old a tire is?
To determine the age of your tires, check the last four digits of the U.S. The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) number stamped on the tire’s sidewall contains a date code that identifies the age of your tires.
What is the best Michelin tire?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
6 – Michelin Defender As a new tire in 2012, the Michelin Defender is making its mark as an all-around high performing all-season tire. One very nice benefit you’ll also find with this tire is how quiet the ride is. Michelin has tuned the tread pattern to optimize ride comfort and quietness.
Does Michelin make an all weather tire?
The Michelin Cross Climate is an all weather tire with a severe winter traction symbol. 75,000 miles of tread life is estimated by Consumer Reports testing.
What is a touring tire?
Scott Slemmons, senior sales representative, Maxxis: A touring tire is a premium tire designed to provide longer tread life, combined with a smooth quiet ride. Most touring tires are all-season rated, which provides improved wet and dry road traction.
Does Michelin still make the primacy MXV4?
Note: Michelin is phasing out the MXV4 and replacing it with the new Premier A/S. The Michelin Primacy MXV4 is one of our top choices in premium all-season touring tires. Traction and handling on dry or wet surfaces, including snow, is excellent.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
Treadlife on both tires is long lasting, but we give the edge to Michelin over Goodyear. The Defender carries an 820 UTQG rating and an 80,000 mile warranty, while the TripleTred has a 740 UTQ Grating and an 80,000 mile tread guarantee.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.