- 1 What cars use 205 65R15 tires?
- 2 What cars use 205 65R16 tires?
- 3 What cars use 205 60R15 tires?
- 4 What does 205 65R15 mean on tires?
- 5 What’s the difference between 205 and 215 tires?
- 6 Can I use 205 60r16 instead of 205 55R16?
- 7 Can I put 60 tires instead of 55?
- 8 Can I use 215 60r16 instead 205 65r16?
- 9 Can I use 55 tires instead of 60?
- 10 What cars use 195 65R15 tires?
- 11 Can 195 65R15 replace 205 65R15?
- 12 How big is a 215 75R15?
- 13 Can I use 215 tires instead of 205?
- 14 What is the first tire number?
- 15 Can I put different size tires on my car?
What cars use 205 65R15 tires?
Which cars have the 205 / 65R15 tires? Such tire size may fit the following vehicles:
- ARO (1) 10 (1980-2006)
- Acura (1) TL (1995-1998)
- Audi (3) 80 (1991-1996) 90 (1991-1995) A4 (2000-2006)
- BMW (2) 5 Series (1988-2004) 7 Series (1986-1994)
- BYD (1) F6 (2008-2011)
- Buick (1) Century (1982-1996)
- Chery (1)
- Chevrolet (11)
What cars use 205 65R16 tires?
Which cars have the 205 / 65R16 tires? Such tire size may fit the following vehicles:
- BYD (1) Yuan EV (2018-2019)
- Buick (2) Le Sabre (1992-1995) Regal (2017-2019)
- Chevrolet (2) Malibu (2016-2021) Malibu XL (2016-2021)
- Chrysler (4)
- Citroën (2)
- Daihatsu (1)
- Dodge (3)
- Dongfeng (1)
What cars use 205 60R15 tires?
Which cars have the 205 / 60R15 tires? Such tire size may fit the following vehicles:
- Acura (3) Legend (1986-1996) TL (1995-1998) Vigor (1991-1995)
- Alfa Romeo (5) 147 (2000-2010) 156 (1997-2007) Alfa 6 (1979-1986) GT (2003-2010) Spider (1966-1993)
- Audi (10)
- BMW (3)
- Buick (1)
- Chevrolet (9)
- Chrysler (2)
- Citroën (7)
What does 205 65R15 mean on tires?
205. This number indicates that your tire has a width of 205 millimeters. 65. This number means that your tire has an aspect ratio of 65%. In other words, your tire’s sidewall height (from the edge of the rim to the tire’s tread) is 65% of the width.
What’s the difference between 205 and 215 tires?
The diameter of the 205 is 26.3 inches and for the 215 the diameter is 26.7 inches. That is 0.4 inches of difference meaning that it would raise the height of the trailer by 0.2 inches. This will not only help with the height but also help to prevent over heating which is why many trailer tires fail.
Can I use 205 60r16 instead of 205 55R16?
No it won’t. The wheel radius is exactly the same, only the profile slightly different. The radius will be very slightly different. 205 /55 will have a total radius of 519.15mm, while 205 /60 will have a total radius of 529.4mm, so about 2% difference.
Can I put 60 tires instead of 55?
Yesthe wheel/ tire combo has an overall diameter/circumference that should be maintained with 3% (+/-) the original spec. When you plus size wheelsthe aspect ratio (height of the tire ) decreases to compensateand maintain the orig diameter/circumference.
Can I use 215 60r16 instead 205 65r16?
1″ difference in radius) Technically, it will fit. It isn’t a bad idea to do this with snow tires as the narrower tire will give better traction.
Can I use 55 tires instead of 60?
If you use 55 instead of 60 your tires will be a little more low profile than normal. Yes, but rims size is the same (16”), which means that the tire will be a bit smaller in diameter since its wall is smaller. Your tire sidewall would be a little thinner, and it might affect your speedometer accuracy.
What cars use 195 65R15 tires?
Which cars have the 195 / 65R15 tires? Such tire size may fit the following vehicles:
- Acura (1) Legend (1986-1990)
- Alfa Romeo (3) 147 (2000-2010) 164 (1987-1998) Alfa 6 (1979-1986)
- Audi (12)
- BAIC (2)
- BMW (2)
- Brilliance (7)
- Buick (2)
- Changan (5)
Can 195 65R15 replace 205 65R15?
Yes you can, it will fit, but the overall diameter will get bigger. The difference in Overall Diameter between the 185/ 65R15 and 195 / 65R15 is 13mm, while the difference between the 185/ 65R15 and the 205 /60R15 is only 6mm.
How big is a 215 75R15?
75-series 15″ Radial Tires
|Description||Tread width||Overall diameter|
|215 – 75R15||5.6||27.7|
Can I use 215 tires instead of 205?
Nope. The nominal diameter of the 215’s is 1.7% greater than that of the 205’s. The sidewall height is a percentage of the width of the tire, so a 55 series is taller with a wider tire.
What is the first tire number?
Width. The first number to appear in your tire size information is the width, in millimeters, of the correct tires for your vehicle: P225/70R16 91S. Tire width always refers to the measurement from one sidewall to another.
Can I put different size tires on my car?
It’s possible to change the size of your tires without actually changing the diameter. Generally, you don’t want to go with tires that have a diameter that is more than 3% different from the factory tires. It’s also a good idea to consult with a trusted mechanic before switching to larger or smaller tires.