- 1 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 2 How good is the Michelin Defender tire?
- 3 Are Michelin Defender LTX tires quiet?
- 4 What does LTX mean on Michelin tires?
- 5 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 6 What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
- 7 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 8 What is the best all-season Michelin tire?
- 9 What Michelin tire is best?
- 10 Which is better Michelin defender or latitude?
- 11 Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
- 12 What ply is Michelin Defender LTX MS?
- 13 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 14 How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
- 15 Are Michelin LTX at2 good in snow?
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
How good is the Michelin Defender tire?
Independent testing, such as that done by Consumer Reports, confirmed Michelin’s 90,000 mile tread wear rating. The Defender received a Uniform Tire Quality Grading Treadwear rating of 820. It also received an “A” grade for traction and a grade of “B” for temperature resistance.
Are Michelin Defender LTX tires quiet?
The Defender LTX M/S is designed to combine a smooth, quiet ride with year-round traction in dry, wet and wintry conditions, even in light snow. Defender LTX M/S tires feature Michelin Evertread compound, which is a stronger advanced compound that holds up to tougher conditions longer.
What does LTX mean on Michelin tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
Treadlife on both tires is long lasting, but we give the edge to Michelin over Goodyear. The Defender carries an 820 UTQG rating and an 80,000 mile warranty, while the TripleTred has a 740 UTQ Grating and an 80,000 mile tread guarantee.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
What is the best all-season Michelin tire?
#1 Michelin Defender LTX The Michelin Defender LTX is a highway, all-season tire designed for light trucks and SUVs. Backed by a 70,000-mile tread life warranty, this tire is built to last, even in light snow and winter weather.
What Michelin tire is best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Which is better Michelin defender or latitude?
As both of them are an all-season tire while Michelin Defender can be trusted with the quiet and comfortable ride quality to go along with remarkable dry and wet Traction. On the other hand, Michelin Latitude provides an impressive Dry traction braking with outstanding braking and acceleration.
Are Michelin Defender tires discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued. The LTX M/S became the LTX M/S 2 became the Defender LTX and has now been reborn again although I forget the name at the moment.
What ply is Michelin Defender LTX MS?
LT275/65R18 Michelin Defender LTX M/S Tire ( 10 Ply ) The Defender LTX M/S tire from Michelin is an all season light truck and SUV tire that features long tread life and excellent traction in all seasons.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
How long do Michelin LTX tires last?
Ten years is a maximum.
Are Michelin LTX at2 good in snow?
Some user feedback suggests the LTX A/T2 isn’t particularly proficient in challenging winter conditions. We’d echo that report by noting that unlike various other modern All-Terrain tires, the LTX A/T2 doesn’t achieve the Severe Snow Service credential (identified by the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol).