- 1 Is Michelin Defender th good tire?
- 2 What does a s/t h mean on tires?
- 3 What is the tread depth of a Michelin Defender?
- 4 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 5 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 6 Does Michelin make an all weather tire?
- 7 What is a touring tire?
- 8 Does Michelin still make the primacy MXV4?
- 9 What is the best all-season tire?
- 10 Is the Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
- 11 What is the best Michelin tire?
- 12 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 13 Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
- 14 What is the number 1 tire brand?
Is Michelin Defender th good tire?
Michelin Defender has ‘no real shortcomings’ In wet use, the Defender tested “very good ” in resistance to hydroplaning and snow traction. It received a grade of “ good ” for braking in wet and icy conditions. A tire that doesn’t handle very well isn’t going to place well, either.
What does a s/t h mean on tires?
Michelin’s standard touring all-season tire is one of the most accomplished products in its category. After that section, you can read my detailed Michelin X Tour A/ S T + H review, where I’ll cover performance on dry and wet roads, snow traction, durability, and comfort.
What is the tread depth of a Michelin Defender?
On the Michelin Defender T+H, the minimum tread depth is 2/32-inch. The indicators are narrow rubber bars strategically placed inside the circumferential grooves of the tire. When the tire comes to 2/32-inch tread depth, the indicators will be completely flush with the surface.
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
Does Michelin make an all weather tire?
The Michelin Cross Climate is an all weather tire with a severe winter traction symbol. 75,000 miles of tread life is estimated by Consumer Reports testing.
What is a touring tire?
Scott Slemmons, senior sales representative, Maxxis: A touring tire is a premium tire designed to provide longer tread life, combined with a smooth quiet ride. Most touring tires are all-season rated, which provides improved wet and dry road traction.
Does Michelin still make the primacy MXV4?
Note: Michelin is phasing out the MXV4 and replacing it with the new Premier A/S. The Michelin Primacy MXV4 is one of our top choices in premium all-season touring tires. Traction and handling on dry or wet surfaces, including snow, is excellent.
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
Is the Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
As a new tire in 2012, the Michelin Defender is making its mark as an all-around high performing all-season tire. One very nice benefit you’ll also find with this tire is how quiet the ride is. The Michelin Defender has high amounts of silica infused in the tread to increase the traction on wet roads.
What is the best Michelin tire?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
Costco is a popular place to buy tires, but don’t exclude seeing what local independents have to offer. Assuming we’re talking about the exact same Michelin tire, no, it’s not true. The only difference is the price. Only a few Michelin lines, like X Radial, are unique to wholesale clubs.
What is the number 1 tire brand?
The Top 10 Best Tire Brands
|Best Tire Brand||Overall Score||Industry Reputation|