- 1 What size tire is a 245 75?
- 2 What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
- 3 What does LT245 75R16 mean?
- 4 What is the diameter of a 245 75R16 tire?
- 5 Which tire is bigger 245 or 265?
- 6 What is the difference between 265 70 and 265 75?
- 7 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 8 Are Costco tires lower quality?
- 9 Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
- 10 Is 245 A wide tire?
- 11 What does 75 mean on a tire?
- 12 What’s the difference between a 245 tire and a 265 tire?
- 13 How much wider is a 285 tire than a 245?
- 14 What is the difference between 265 70r16 and 245 75r16?
- 15 Can 225 tires replace 245?
What size tire is a 245 75?
16-inch Wheel Conversion Chart
What does LTX stand for on Michelin tires?
1 LT tire. The Defender LTX is a light truck product that comes from melding the long-lasting traits of Michelin’s successful three-year-old Defender passenger line with its most popular light truck tire, the LTX M/S2.
What does LT245 75R16 mean?
An LT245 / 75R16 is 245mm wide. The second set of numbers is called the ‘aspect ratio’. This refers to the sidewall height as a percentage of the tread width. For example, a P225/60R16 tire has sidewalls which measure (from rim to tread) at 60% of 225mm (135mm).
What is the diameter of a 245 75R16 tire?
P-Metric Tire Sizes – P-Metric to Inches Conversion Chart
|Rim Size||P-Metric Size||Actual Tire Height|
|16 Inch||245/75R16||30.5 inches|
Which tire is bigger 245 or 265?
The difference between 245 & 265 is 10 mm. This is not enough to help or hurt you.
What is the difference between 265 70 and 265 75?
For the 16″ rims, 265/70 is the stock size. Going from 265/70 to 265/75 is increasing the height, or diameter, of the tire. The tire will be an inch taller. 265 is the width, so stock size is 265 millimeters wide.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
Are Costco tires lower quality?
Costco’s name-brand tires are the same quality as other name-brand tires sold elsewhere; Costco’s shop has lower overhead costs than a conventional tire shop, so they can afford a lower markup. Michelins sold at Walmart are just as good as Michelins sold elsewhere – including Costco.
Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
They were designed by the manufacturer of your car. If your new car came with a set of Michelins, Michelin made the tire but they made it to the specifications set by your car manufacturer. This is because virtually all auto manufacturers specify very soft rubber which means they wear out too fast.
Is 245 A wide tire?
A 245 is 245 millimeters, or 24.5 centimeters, wide. The tread width is actually somewhat smaller than the tire’s actual width.
What does 75 mean on a tire?
|LOAD INDEX||LOAD (lbs)|
What’s the difference between a 245 tire and a 265 tire?
The different tire size will be 20mm wider (about 7/8″) and about 7mm taller (less than 5/16″). Your additional ground clearance will be half the tire’s extra 7mm of height, plus the difference in tread depth. You will have no appreciable difference in ground clearance.
How much wider is a 285 tire than a 245?
|245 / 75-16||285 / 75-16|
|Diameter inches (mm)||30.47 (773.9)||32.83 (833.9)|
|Width inches (mm)||9.65 ( 245 )||11.22 ( 285 )|
|Circum. inches (mm)||95.72 (2431.28)||103.14 (2619.77)|
|Sidewall Height inches (mm)||7.23 (183.75)||8.42 (213.75)|
What is the difference between 265 70r16 and 245 75r16?
Those tire sizes are exactly the same height. The 245’s will be about 1″ narrower. I’ve had both and would suggest 265 / 75/16’s if it isn’t too late. They are the same width as factory and only 1″ taller.
Can 225 tires replace 245?
Can you put 245 tires on 225 rims? Yes, you could. As long as both of tires have the same diameter, you can use them. In this case the diameter is 18 for both.