- 1 Are Michelin wiper blades good?
- 2 What are the safety precautions when replacing wiper rubber?
- 3 How do I know what windshield wipers to buy?
- 4 How do I know what size windshield wipers to get?
- 5 How do I change the side pin on my windshield wipers?
- 6 How do I keep my windshield wipers from being stolen?
Are Michelin wiper blades good?
They make firm contact with the windshield. When it rains it leaves my windshield spotless. These work great at removing snow as well, unlike traditional wiper blades where snow gets stuck in the frames. It’s been a year and still the wipers are still in good shape and no streaking or smearing at all!
What are the safety precautions when replacing wiper rubber?
5 Tips to Take Care of Your Windshield Wipers
- Defrost and Scrape Before Using the Wipers.
- Replace the Blades at Least Twice a Year.
- Keep the Windshield Clean.
- Never Run the Wipers on a Dry Windshield.
- Reposition the Blades During the Winter Months.
How do I know what windshield wipers to buy?
How to choose. Windshield wiper blades come in many sizes, and chances are your car takes a different size on each side. Look in your car’s owner’s manual, measure the blade, or ask at an auto-parts store for the proper fit.
How do I know what size windshield wipers to get?
There are several ways to find out the right wiper size for your car:
- Look in the owner’s manual.
- Go to any auto parts store and use their “ wiper blade size finder”
- Look up your correct wiper size online.
- Measure the wiper blades currently on your car.
How do I change the side pin on my windshield wipers?
For the removal of side pin style windshield wipers you will need to push the tab up from underneath the blade or lift the tab from the top with a screwdriver. Once the tab unlocks the pin, pull the blade assembly sideways, away from the arm. To reinstall the new blade you will reverse the process.
How do I keep my windshield wipers from being stolen?
Keep the “head” of the zip tie under the cover (back side of the cover for a clean look). Zip tying the covers to the arm will make the act of stealing the wipers a bit more difficult and maybe deter the next thief.