- 1 Is the Michelin Premier A good tire?
- 2 How long do Michelin Premier tires last?
- 3 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 4 What is the difference between Michelin Primacy and Premier?
- 5 Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
- 6 Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
- 7 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 8 What Michelin tire is best?
- 9 Which tires give the smoothest ride?
- 10 How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
- 11 What is the best Michelin tire for SUV?
- 12 Are Michelin tires quiet?
- 13 What is the smoothest riding Michelin tire?
- 14 Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
- 15 Where are Michelin Premier tires made?
Is the Michelin Premier A good tire?
Michelin’s Premier A/S tire is a passenger vehicle (cars/minivans) all-season model with some fantastic features. These tires have great traction and handling on wet and dry roads, and superior braking and stopping. The Premier A/S tires have actually replaced an older model, the Primacy MXV4, which were good tires.
How long do Michelin Premier tires last?
The Michelin Premier A/S is designed to maintain wet grip as it wears. It has an estimated tread life of 80,000 miles in CR’s test.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
What is the difference between Michelin Primacy and Premier?
Yes, the Primacy performed better, and most tires do on dry pavement. On wet pavement, with full tread tires, the Primacy MXV4 takes about seven feet longer to stop than the Premier A/S; when the tread is shaved to 5/32” on both models, it takes about 24 feet longer.
Why Michelin tires are so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
Costco is a popular place to buy tires, but don’t exclude seeing what local independents have to offer. Assuming we’re talking about the exact same Michelin tire, no, it’s not true. The only difference is the price. Only a few Michelin lines, like X Radial, are unique to wholesale clubs.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
What Michelin tire is best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Which tires give the smoothest ride?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
Costco seems to have sales on the Michelin tires every other month, although this is my estimate. (There is a sale going on now through October 28–$70 off four Michelin tires.) The sales seem to alterate monthly between Michelin and Bridgestone tires.
What is the best Michelin tire for SUV?
One of Michelin’s best high-performance all-season tires is the Michelin Defender LTX.
Are Michelin tires quiet?
The Michelin Premier LTX is perfect for truck drivers and SUV owners who enjoy a quiet and stable drive. The tires provide great handling and traction as well as crisp steering control. The Premier LTX is one of the quietest tires available in the market.
What is the smoothest riding Michelin tire?
As a brand, they often showcase some of the quietest and smoothest riding tires. The Michelin Primacy MXV4 is known for longevity as it’s offered with a 60,000 mile tread life warranty and provides good snow-handling capability for an all-season tire.
Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
They were designed by the manufacturer of your car. If your new car came with a set of Michelins, Michelin made the tire but they made it to the specifications set by your car manufacturer. This is because virtually all auto manufacturers specify very soft rubber which means they wear out too fast.
Where are Michelin Premier tires made?
Michelin will offer a limited 60,000-mile warranty with MICHELIN Premier A/S, which will be manufactured in North America at Michelin plants in Lexington and Greenville, S.C., Ardmore, Okla., and Pictou County and Bridgewater, Nova Scotia.