- 1 How good are Michelin Defender tires?
- 2 When should I replace my Michelin tires?
- 3 How many miles a tire should last?
- 4 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 5 Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
- 6 Is Michelin Defender good in snow?
- 7 Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
- 8 How long do Michelin tires last on average?
- 9 Why are Michelin tires so good?
- 10 What are the worst tires?
- 11 How many miles is a 600 treadwear rating?
- 12 Are Goodyear tires made in China?
- 13 Which Michelin all-season tire is the best?
- 14 How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
- 15 Which Michelin tire is the best?
How good are Michelin Defender tires?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
When should I replace my Michelin tires?
Ten years is a maximum If the tires haven’t been replaced 10 years after their date of manufacture, as a precaution, Michelin recommends replacing them with new tires. Even if they appear to be in usable condition and have not worn down to the tread wear indicator.
How many miles a tire should last?
As a general rule, the original tires on a new vehicle or quality replacement tires should last up to 50,000 miles. However, many factors will have a significant impact on any tire’s life and may substantially shorten its life expectancy.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
6 – Michelin Defender As a new tire in 2012, the Michelin Defender is making its mark as an all-around high performing all-season tire. One very nice benefit you’ll also find with this tire is how quiet the ride is. Michelin has tuned the tread pattern to optimize ride comfort and quietness.
Is Michelin Defender good in snow?
Handling & Weather The Michelin Defender performs extremely well in dry conditions. Cornering is tight, and the tires perform well in highway driving. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
Why do Michelin tires wear out so fast?
They were designed by the manufacturer of your car. If your new car came with a set of Michelins, Michelin made the tire but they made it to the specifications set by your car manufacturer. This is because virtually all auto manufacturers specify very soft rubber which means they wear out too fast.
How long do Michelin tires last on average?
Though five years is the basic, you can enhance the longevity of your tire by maintaining doing regular tire rotations, proper air pressure, and finally vehicle maintenance. So, now you can understand that the Michelin tires can last for 10 years, depending on the usage.
Why are Michelin tires so good?
Michelin makes sure the tire they are making has been engineered to the best quality product for it’s intended section of the tire market. The tire is thoroughly proven on their test tracks and then in extensive road testing. Very important: their quality control is legendary in the tire market.
What are the worst tires?
6 Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing
- AKS Tires.
- Compass Tires.
How many miles is a 600 treadwear rating?
A tire rated 600 AA with a 70,000 mile warranty is quite likely to live up to it.
Are Goodyear tires made in China?
Goodyear was the first global tire manufacturer to enter China when it invested in a tire manufacturing plant in Dalian in 1994. It employs approximately 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world.
Which Michelin all-season tire is the best?
- #1 Michelin Defender LTX. The Michelin Defender LTX is a highway, all – season tire designed for light trucks and SUVs.
- #2 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All – Season.
- #3 Hankook Kinergy PT.
- #4 Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- #5 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All – Season.
- Cooper: Most Affordable.
How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
Costco seems to have sales on the Michelin tires every other month, although this is my estimate. (There is a sale going on now through October 28–$70 off four Michelin tires.) The sales seem to alterate monthly between Michelin and Bridgestone tires.
Which Michelin tire is the best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.