- 1 What does t/h mean on Michelin tires?
- 2 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 3 Is the Michelin Defender discontinued?
- 4 Which is better Michelin premier or defender?
- 5 Should I get H or T rated tires?
- 6 Is the Michelin Defender a good tire?
- 7 Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
- 8 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 9 What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
- 10 Are Michelin Defenders good in snow?
- 11 What is the best all-season tire?
- 12 Where are Michelin Defender tires manufactured?
- 13 Which tire brands to avoid?
- 14 Which Michelin tire is the best?
- 15 Is Michelin owned by Goodyear?
What does t/h mean on Michelin tires?
Does this tire fit your vehicle? The Defender T + H tire is Michelin’s Standard Touring All-Season tire developed for the drivers of coupes, family sedans, minivans and small crossover vehicles looking for a long-lasting, comfortable tire that delivers all-season traction in the dry, wet and light snow.
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
Is the Michelin Defender discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued.
Which is better Michelin premier or defender?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
Should I get H or T rated tires?
Tires with higher speed ratings generally have better steering response and cornering grip than lower-speed rated tires, in addition to being capable of higher speeds. So if your car originally came with H – rated tires, that’s what you should replace them with. Sticking with H – rated tires comes at a cost.
Is the Michelin Defender a good tire?
Michelin Defender has ‘no real shortcomings’ In wet use, the Defender tested “very good ” in resistance to hydroplaning and snow traction. It received a grade of “ good ” for braking in wet and icy conditions. A tire that doesn’t handle very well isn’t going to place well, either.
Is Michelin Defender a quiet tire?
6 – Michelin Defender As a new tire in 2012, the Michelin Defender is making its mark as an all-around high performing all-season tire. One very nice benefit you’ll also find with this tire is how quiet the ride is. Michelin has tuned the tread pattern to optimize ride comfort and quietness.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
Treadlife on both tires is long lasting, but we give the edge to Michelin over Goodyear. The Defender carries an 820 UTQG rating and an 80,000 mile warranty, while the TripleTred has a 740 UTQ Grating and an 80,000 mile tread guarantee.
Are Michelin Defenders good in snow?
Handling & Weather The Michelin Defender performs extremely well in dry conditions. Cornering is tight, and the tires perform well in highway driving. That being said, the tires perform fairly well in wet and snow conditions. Like most all-season tires, they will always be out-performed by winters.
What is the best all-season tire?
5 Best All-Season Tires
- Michelin Defender LTX.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ All-Season.
- Hankook Kinergy PT.
- Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
Where are Michelin Defender tires manufactured?
Michelin is making the majority of the Defender LTX M/S tires at its plants in Columbia and Greenville, S.C., as well as some at its Ardmore, Okla., and Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, factories.
Which tire brands to avoid?
6 Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing
- AKS Tires.
- Compass Tires.
Which Michelin tire is the best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Is Michelin owned by Goodyear?
As of 2017, Goodyear is one of the top four tire manufacturers along with Bridgestone (Japan), Michelin (France) and Continental (Germany). The company was named after American Charles Goodyear, inventor of vulcanized rubber. Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.
|Goodyear’s headquarters in Akron, Ohio|
|Footnotes / references|