- 1 What cars use 205 65R15 tires?
- 2 What cars use 205 65R16 tires?
- 3 What cars use 205 60R15 tires?
- 4 What does 205 65R15 mean on tires?
- 5 What’s the difference between 205 and 215 tires?
- 6 Can I use 205 60r16 instead of 205 55R16?
- 7 Can I put 60 tires instead of 55?
- 8 Can I use 215 60r16 instead 205 65r16?
- 9 Can 205 55R16 replace 195 65R15?
- 10 What cars use 195 65R15 tires?
- 11 Will 205 70r15 fit 205 65R15?
- 12 How big is a 215 75R15?
- 13 Can I use 215 tires instead of 205?
- 14 What is the first tire number?
- 15 Can I put different size tires on my car?
What cars use 205 65R15 tires?
Which cars have the 205 / 65R15 tires? Such tire size may fit the following vehicles:
- ARO (1) 10 (1980-2006)
- Acura (1) TL (1995-1998)
- Audi (3) 80 (1991-1996) 90 (1991-1995) A4 (2000-2006)
- BMW (2) 5 Series (1988-2004) 7 Series (1986-1994)
- BYD (1) F6 (2008-2011)
- Buick (1) Century (1982-1996)
- Chery (1)
- Chevrolet (11)
What cars use 205 65R16 tires?
Which cars have the 205 / 65R16 tires? Such tire size may fit the following vehicles:
- BYD (1) Yuan EV (2018-2019)
- Buick (2) Le Sabre (1992-1995) Regal (2017-2019)
- Chevrolet (2) Malibu (2016-2021) Malibu XL (2016-2021)
- Chrysler (4)
- Citroën (2)
- Daihatsu (1)
- Dodge (3)
- Dongfeng (1)
What cars use 205 60R15 tires?
Which cars have the 205 / 60R15 tires? Such tire size may fit the following vehicles:
- Acura (3) Legend (1986-1996) TL (1995-1998) Vigor (1991-1995)
- Alfa Romeo (5) 147 (2000-2010) 156 (1997-2007) Alfa 6 (1979-1986) GT (2003-2010) Spider (1966-1993)
- Audi (10)
- BMW (3)
- Buick (1)
- Chevrolet (9)
- Chrysler (2)
- Citroën (7)
What does 205 65R15 mean on tires?
205. This number indicates that your tire has a width of 205 millimeters. 65. This number means that your tire has an aspect ratio of 65%. In other words, your tire’s sidewall height (from the edge of the rim to the tire’s tread) is 65% of the width.
What’s the difference between 205 and 215 tires?
The diameter of the 205 is 26.3 inches and for the 215 the diameter is 26.7 inches. That is 0.4 inches of difference meaning that it would raise the height of the trailer by 0.2 inches. This will not only help with the height but also help to prevent over heating which is why many trailer tires fail.
Can I use 205 60r16 instead of 205 55R16?
No it won’t. The wheel radius is exactly the same, only the profile slightly different. The radius will be very slightly different. 205 /55 will have a total radius of 519.15mm, while 205 /60 will have a total radius of 529.4mm, so about 2% difference.
Can I put 60 tires instead of 55?
Yesthe wheel/ tire combo has an overall diameter/circumference that should be maintained with 3% (+/-) the original spec. When you plus size wheelsthe aspect ratio (height of the tire ) decreases to compensateand maintain the orig diameter/circumference.
Can I use 215 60r16 instead 205 65r16?
1″ difference in radius) Technically, it will fit. It isn’t a bad idea to do this with snow tires as the narrower tire will give better traction.
Can 205 55R16 replace 195 65R15?
You can compare the two and make a decision from that. With all that said, you shouldn’t have an issue with running the smaller tire, especially considering the small amount of difference there is between the two. Yes, it’s actually a good idea.
What cars use 195 65R15 tires?
Which cars have the 195 / 65R15 tires? Such tire size may fit the following vehicles:
- Acura (1) Legend (1986-1990)
- Alfa Romeo (3) 147 (2000-2010) 164 (1987-1998) Alfa 6 (1979-1986)
- Audi (12)
- BAIC (2)
- BMW (2)
- Brilliance (7)
- Buick (2)
- Changan (5)
Will 205 70r15 fit 205 65R15?
Short answer, it will be fine. Long answer, it will be fine as long as the load rating is equal or higher capacity. Not many high load rated tires in those sizes, so probably ok. Tire sizes are metric, and are read as follows: 205 (tread width in mm)/65(side wall ratio, so 65% of tread width)R15(rim 15 inch diameter).
How big is a 215 75R15?
75-series 15″ Radial Tires
|Description||Tread width||Overall diameter|
|215 – 75R15||5.6||27.7|
Can I use 215 tires instead of 205?
Nope. The nominal diameter of the 215’s is 1.7% greater than that of the 205’s. The sidewall height is a percentage of the width of the tire, so a 55 series is taller with a wider tire.
What is the first tire number?
Width. The first number to appear in your tire size information is the width, in millimeters, of the correct tires for your vehicle: P225/70R16 91S. Tire width always refers to the measurement from one sidewall to another.
Can I put different size tires on my car?
It’s possible to change the size of your tires without actually changing the diameter. Generally, you don’t want to go with tires that have a diameter that is more than 3% different from the factory tires. It’s also a good idea to consult with a trusted mechanic before switching to larger or smaller tires.