Does Tim Ho Wan have a Michelin star?
Founding chef Mak Kwai Pui was awarded a Michelin star for Tim Ho Wan (which translates roughly to “add good luck” in Cantonese) a year after it first opened Hong Kong. Now, there are more than 20 outlets worldwide.
How many Michelin stars does Hong Kong have?
A total of 87 restaurants in Hong Kong (69) and Macau (18) received coveted Michelin star (s) this year, while two restaurants in both regions were awarded the new Michelin Green Star. Scroll down for the full list of Michelin – starred restaurants.
What should I order at Tim Ho Wan?
Hong Kong: What to order at Tim Ho Wan?
- Baked BBQ Pork Buns. Baked BBQ Pork Buns.
- Pan fried green pepper with minced fish. Pan fried green pepper filled with minced fish.
- Char siu cheong (BBQ Pork Rice Noodle Roll)
- Pork dumplings in hot & spicy sauce.
- Har Gow.
Which is the original Tim Ho Wan?
Tim Ho Wan was started by Chef Mak Kwai Pui, formerly of the prestigious three Michelin starred Lung King Heen restaurant in Hong Kong’s Four Seasons Hotel, alongside Chef Leung Fai Keung. In 2009, the two chefs joined forces to open their first 20-seater top dim sum restaurant in Mongkok.
How many restaurants in the world have Michelin stars?
Number of Michelin star restaurants in the world As of November 2020, there are currently 2,651 restaurants in the world with at least one Michelin star. For a more precise breakdown, that’s 2,160 restaurants with one star, 385 restaurants with two stars, and 106 boasting the coveted three stars.
Where can I dine in Hong Kong?
Best restaurants in Hong Kong
- Tate Dining Room. Restaurants French Sheung Wan.
- Aulis. Restaurants Causeway Bay.
- Andō Restaurants Contemporary Global Lan Kwai Fong.
- Roganic. Restaurants Causeway Bay.
- Chaat. Restaurants Indian Tsim Sha Tsui.
- Arbor. Restaurants Contemporary European Central.
- Henry. Restaurants American Tsim Sha Tsui.
- The Chairman.