- 1 Is the Michelin Defender discontinued?
- 2 Where is the date code on a Michelin tire?
- 3 Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
- 4 What is the best rated Michelin tire?
- 5 What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
- 6 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 7 When should I replace my Michelin tires?
- 8 How long are tires good for after manufacture date?
- 9 How do I know if my Michelin Tyres are real?
- 10 Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
- 11 Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
- 12 Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
- 13 What are the worst tire brands?
- 14 What brand of tires should I stay away from?
- 15 Is Michelin better than Bridgestone?
Is the Michelin Defender discontinued?
But this tire is no longer available and the more recent Michelin defender is now discontinued.
Where is the date code on a Michelin tire?
On the sidewall of the tire, locate a number that starts with DOT. It can be up to 12 digits long. The last three or four numbers are the date code.
Are Michelin Defender tires worth the money?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
What is the best rated Michelin tire?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
What tire is comparable to Michelin Defender?
Treadlife on both tires is long lasting, but we give the edge to Michelin over Goodyear. The Defender carries an 820 UTQG rating and an 80,000 mile warranty, while the TripleTred has a 740 UTQ Grating and an 80,000 mile tread guarantee.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
When should I replace my Michelin tires?
Ten years is a maximum. If the tires haven’t been replaced 10 years after their date of manufacture, as a precaution, Michelin recommends replacing them with new tires. Even if they appear to be in usable condition and have not worn down to the tread wear indicator. This applies to spare tires as well.
How long are tires good for after manufacture date?
Every tire has a birth date—the day it was manufactured—and an expiration date that is six years from that manufacture date. Most automobile manufacturers warn drivers to replace vehicle tires after six years.
How do I know if my Michelin Tyres are real?
best way to get genuine tyres is to buy them from company authorized & reputed dealers & for Bridgestone & Michelin, check hologram on the tyre. check hologram on the tyre. Not all brands have holograms.
Why are Michelin tires so expensive?
Michelin tires are typically more expensive than most other popular brands because of their quality, warranty offerings, and the company’s satisfaction guarantee. Tire experts agree that Michelin tires have superior construction and a lower defect rate than the competition.
Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
Costco is a popular place to buy tires, but don’t exclude seeing what local independents have to offer. Assuming we’re talking about the exact same Michelin tire, no, it’s not true. The only difference is the price. Only a few Michelin lines, like X Radial, are unique to wholesale clubs.
Is Michelin better than Goodyear?
Although both are top tires in this category, the reason we have selected Goodyear is that its performance is equally exceptional in bad weather conditions. While Michelin does offer excellent fuel efficiency, its performance in bad weather is questionable.
What are the worst tire brands?
Here, in this article, we will provide you the list of worst tire brands that you should stay away from. Here is the list of tire brands that we should keep a distance from:
- AKS tires.
- Compass tires.
What brand of tires should I stay away from?
Brands of Tires to Avoid at All Costs Westlake Tires. AKS Tires. Telluride tires. Compass Tires.
Is Michelin better than Bridgestone?
Between the two, Michelin tires might be more expensive, but only slightly. Moreover, both companies focus on producing safe tires. You will always get reliable traction in dry and wet conditions with Bridgestone and Michelin tires. Moreover, these models always finish among the best in their respective categories.