- 1 Is the Michelin Premier A good tire?
- 2 What is the difference between Michelin Premier LTX and premier as?
- 3 Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
- 4 How long do Michelin Premier tires last?
- 5 Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
- 6 Are Michelin tires worth the cost?
- 7 Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
- 8 Which is better Michelin Premier vs primacy?
- 9 What Michelin tire is best?
- 10 Which tire brands to avoid?
- 11 How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
- 12 Are Michelin defenders worth it?
- 13 When should I replace my Michelin tires?
- 14 Why do new car tires wear out so fast?
- 15 How do I know if my tires are worn out?
Is the Michelin Premier A good tire?
Michelin’s Premier A/S tire is a passenger vehicle (cars/minivans) all-season model with some fantastic features. These tires have great traction and handling on wet and dry roads, and superior braking and stopping. The Premier A/S tires have actually replaced an older model, the Primacy MXV4, which were good tires.
What is the difference between Michelin Premier LTX and premier as?
The Michelin LTX provides a smooth and comfortable ride. The higher amounts of silica and sunflower oil of the rubber provide a more impact-absorbing tire tread than some other tires. While the Michelin Premier A/S was a very quiet tire, we did find a little more noise in the LTX version of this tire.
Which tire is better Michelin defender or premier?
The Michelin Premier A/S with its higher speed rating and softer tread compound will have more immediate response during lane changes and sharp steering inputs. It will also maintain grip longer during hard cornering on dry pavement. In comparison, the Michelin Defender is all about practicality.
How long do Michelin Premier tires last?
The Michelin Premier A/S is designed to maintain wet grip as it wears. It has an estimated tread life of 80,000 miles in CR’s test.
Are Costco Michelin tires the same?
Costco is a popular place to buy tires, but don’t exclude seeing what local independents have to offer. Assuming we’re talking about the exact same Michelin tire, no, it’s not true. The only difference is the price. Only a few Michelin lines, like X Radial, are unique to wholesale clubs.
Are Michelin tires worth the cost?
Are Michelin tires worth the price? Michelin tires are worth every dime you pay for them. Not only do they feature innovative technology, but Michelin tires are some of the highest performing and longest lasting. You can’t go wrong with these tires.
Which Michelin tire is the quietest?
Top 10 Best Quietest Tires on the Market Reviews
- #1 Michelin Primacy MXV4 Radial Tire.
- #2 Goodyear Wrangler.
- #3 Hankook Optimo H727 All-Season Tire.
- #4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial.
- #5 Yokohama ENVigor All-Season Tire.
- #6 Michelin Defender All-Season Radial Tire.
- #7 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Radial Tire.
Which is better Michelin Premier vs primacy?
The good news is that the Premier A/S maintained its wet stopping performance between full tread and 5/32”. Yes, the Primacy performed better, and most tires do on dry pavement. Add water and the Premier comes into its own, revealing what Michelin had in mind in developing the EverGrip technology all along.
What Michelin tire is best?
- All-season: Michelin Defender. See Prices.
- Highway: Michelin Premier LTX. See Prices.
- Run Flat: Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Commercial: Michelin Agilis.
- All-season: Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
- Highway: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.
- All-terrain: Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT.
- Run Flat: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S ROF.
Which tire brands to avoid?
6 Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing
- AKS Tires.
- Compass Tires.
How often does Costco put Michelin tires on sale?
Costco seems to have sales on the Michelin tires every other month, although this is my estimate. (There is a sale going on now through October 28–$70 off four Michelin tires.) The sales seem to alterate monthly between Michelin and Bridgestone tires.
Are Michelin defenders worth it?
Michelin stands behind the Defender with a 90,000 mile tread warranty. The Defender has a number of good points including a very quiet ride quality to go along with impressive dry and wet traction. Overall, Michelin has a very good all-season tire in the Defender, although there is room for improvement.
When should I replace my Michelin tires?
Ten years is a maximum If the tires haven’t been replaced 10 years after their date of manufacture, as a precaution, Michelin recommends replacing them with new tires. Even if they appear to be in usable condition and have not worn down to the tread wear indicator.
Why do new car tires wear out so fast?
The OEM tires that came with your car can’t be replaced (which is a good thing) after they’ve worn out. And they will wear out much sooner than they should. This is because virtually all auto manufacturers specify very soft rubber which means they wear out too fast.
How do I know if my tires are worn out?
Place a penny head first into several tread grooves across the tire. If you always see the top of Lincoln’s head, your treads are shallow and worn. If this is the case, your tires need to be replaced. If part of Lincoln’s head is always covered by the tread, you have more than 2/32 of an inch of tread depth remaining.