How do I replace ercol webbing?
Remove old webbing from frame, extract wooden dowels and put them to one side.
- Take roll of rubber webbing.
- Feed one end of the webbing through one of the back slots in the chair frame.
- Fold over the end of the webbing to form a loop of approx 5” (125mm).
- Using a staple and plate, fix the webbing together.
What is upholstery webbing?
Webbing is a strong, closely woven fabric used for making items such as straps and belts, and for supporting the seats of upholstered chairs. There are a few different types of upholstery webbings that you can use when doing an upholstery project.
How much webbing does it take to redo a lawn chair?
In general, a single patio chair will use around 33 feet of fabric, though individual chairs will vary in size. Have fun and experiment.
How many feet of webbing do you need for a lawn chair?
Measure the existing webbing sections on the lawn chair. The replacement webbing is sold in rolls usually containing 39 feet of webbing. For large chairs it may be necessary to purchase more than one roll. If new screws aren’t included in the package, purchase galvanized sheet-metal screws and washers.
How do I know if my chair is ercol?
The sticks are always round. Many “Ercol style” chairs have oval or squared off sticks. With the exceptions of chairs with a solid seat, virtually every Ercol chair from this period that you come across will be webbed (some very early chairs (1953 – 1955) used tension springs).
How do you renovate ercol furniture?
How To Restore Old Ercol Furniture?
- Essential tools for the Ercol furniture restoration. • Stripping knife.
- Stripping: The first step of the Ercol restoration is Stripping.
- Sanding the surfaces: Once the stripping has done, you have to sand the wooden surfaces carefully.
- Restoring the loose bars:
- Apply the finishing materials: